On Saturday Mrs. Scofield, myself, Ella, and Manasi attended the FLL Season Kickoff at ASU. It was an exciting day because this is the official kickoff to our FLL season. We all got pretty excited seeing the table, going over the missions, and learning from some veteran teams. Mrs. Scofield and myself could not be more excited to get this season rocking and rolling. We know our objective is to have both teams advance to the state tournament in January. It is going to take some work, but we are on our way.
Click here to watch the video of the robot missions and points.
Shark Transport – Shark and tank completly in target (7 points)
- Tank and shark in target #2 (10 points)
- If a target score is earned – shark is touching only the tank floor and no wall (20 points)
- Nothing is ever allowed to touch the shark except the tank.
Service Dog – The warning fence is down (15 points)
- Robot has completely crossed fence from west, after traveling between the barriers.
Animal Conservation – Two identical animals are completely on the same side (20 points per pair)
- Each pair must be created through rotation of the animal conservation mission model.
- Both teams get points for all pairs.
Feeding – A piece of food is completely in a target area (10 points per piece)
- If multiple pieces of food in one area, all must match each other.
Biomimicry – The biomimicry wall completely supports the weight of the white gecko (15 points)
- The biomimicry wall supports all of the weight of the robot (32 points)
- For an object to score (white gecko or robot), no part of it may be in contact with anything but the biomimicry wall/or green gecko.
- Exception: Two scoring objects may be in contact with each other.
Milking Automation – Milk and manure have rolled out (15 points)
- Milk has rolled out, but not manure (20 points)
- The robot’s only movement of the milk and/or manure came by moving the red lever.
Panda Release – Slider looks fully open (clockwise) (10 points)
Camera Recovery – Camera completely in base (15 points)
Training and Research – Dog and trainer are completely in training and research area (12 points)
- Zoologist completely in training and research area (15 points)
Manure – Disc shaped manure samples completely in training and research area (15 points per piece)
- Only one manure sample can be transported at a time.
Bee Keeping – Bee is on beehive and no honey in beehive (12 points)
- Bee is on beehive and honey is completely in base (15 points)
- Only one option counts.
Prosthesis – Prosthesis is fitted to the pet and not held by ref (9 points)
- Prosthesis fitted to the pet and completely in its farm target (15 points)
- Only one option counts.
Seal – Completely in base and not broken (1 point)
Milk in Base – All three milk containers in base (1 point)
Milk on the Ramp – All three milk containers supported by the ramp (2 points)
- All three milk containers supported by the ramp and nothing else supported or touching the ramp (3 points)
Manure – 12 manure samples completely in training and research area (5 points)
Penalties: A team gets penalties for interrupting the robot. The referee places one manure sample in white triangle as a penalty object.
Not more than 5 penalties per match.
Penalty points = -6 per manure piece.